House Renovations in Greenwich
Choosing the Right Type of Windows for Your Home
When it comes to making home improvements, even small changes can make a big difference to the final result. Laying a new carpet, for example, can completely transform the look and feel of a room, without having to completely redecorate. Likewise, our kitchen fitters and bathroom fitters often advise customers that choosing neutral colours creates a much more open and spacious feel to their new installation, while bolder colour schemes add a touch of drama or luxury. However, such changes tend to be little more than cosmetic.
When it comes to house renovations and refurbishments, few things make as big an impact on homes in Greenwich as windows. That is why, when thinking about house extensions, loft conversions and other such projects, choosing the right type of glazing is of vital importance.
At Britbuild Direct Ltd, we have a team of FENSA certified glazers who specialise in fitting uPVC and aluminium windows by industry-leading brand Origin. These products offer excellent durability and security, and have a high energy efficiency rating.
Some of the different styles of windows our builders, kitchen fitters and bathroom fitters install include:
- Casement Windows – This is perhaps the most popular choice among homeowners in Greenwich. They are incredibly versatile, offering a range of opening mechanisms to suit your preference. This includes tilt-and-turn, top-hung, side-hung and fully reversible styles. We often install new casement windows to upgrade the energy efficiency of a home during house renovations
- Rooflights – These are perfect for loft conversions. As experts in roofing, carpentry and joinery, our kitchen and bathroom fitters install these windows into the pitch of your roof. Thanks to the angle of installation, they let in far more natural light than standard windows. This keeps your converted loft space in Greenwich warm, bright and airy throughout the day
- Roof Lanterns – These are a great choice for single-storey house extensions, particularly to maximise open-plan kitchens and living areas. When undertaking a new kitchen installation in tandem with an extension project, our kitchen fitters design, supply and install roof lanterns to flood the area with natural light. This saves you from having spotlights on all day
- Sash Windows – If you live in a listed building or conservation area in Greenwich, you may be aware of the restrictions that prevent you from making significant changes to the exterior of your property. This includes multi-storey house extensions and certain types of loft conversions. As experts in house renovations, we understand these restrictions inside and out. While we may not be able to replace sash windows with, say, casement windows, we can upgrade them with more modern versions. This will reduce issues with draughty, rattling sashes whilst maintaining the original charm of your property
- Cottage Windows – Thanks to their traditional cottage appearance, these are a popular choice for kitchens around Greenwich. Our kitchen fitters install these windows to perfectly match traditional kitchens or to add personality to more contemporary installations. Likewise, many customers ask our bathroom fitters to install cottage windows for downstairs WC cloakrooms
Choosing the right style of window can really optimise loft conversions, house extensions and other such house renovations. By increasing natural light intake, you create an illusion of additional space. This makes your home feel bigger and brighter.
Furthermore, Origin’s A-rated windows will improve the heat retention capabilities of your home, which results in significantly lower energy bills.